Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A little of everything

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday.  I decided to begin the baby blanket anyway.  I have picked out my pattern and I have done a single row of the border,  nothing too fancy.

I also finished another baby hat yesterday and cast one one to work on in class tomorrow.  I also made a couple of facial cleansing pads and started on another cute baby hat.  I wont be giving this hat to my niece, she isn't in to hats right now.  I don't know, some things I save in the hope that, eventually, I might have a kiddo or two of my own.  I would like to have things for said kiddo.  Or kiddos.  So sometimes I make things and just stash them away in the hopes that I will have a child one day that can wear them.  If nothing else, I can always save them and pull them out when I need a gift, right?

I am also prepping myself to make super cute things for children that my brother hopes to adopt.  I know nothing about them yet, but I am so excited!  I told my brother he has to let me know as soon as he does ages and genders of the kiddos who will be his so that I can work on quickly becoming the favorite aunt!  Hooray!  Hahahah.

So, the storm that I knitted up last week has finally showed up.  Unfortunately my university doesn't seem to think that heavy snowfall, on top of ice and 12" of previous snow is reason enough to close.  So, here I am, wasting some time at work.  They are going to have to send us home, even the major road in town was collecting snow when I came in.  Of course, I paid for parking today, which annoys me.  But I couldn't justify staying home and losing another day's worth of pay.  So, we'll see how early they close, and until then I will sit here and dread the drive home.



I don't know if you can see it here, but that is snow in the upper left hand corner, I have dusted the snow off the 2" of ice that was on my windshield



I swear, I am not complaining about the snow.  We desperately need it!  Plus, this is much gentler on the high-intensity burn areas that we have from our huge fire last year than rain would be.  I would still prefer to be at home knitting and crocheting, though!



These are the beginning of the knit bag that I am going to felt.  I have this color finished on this bag, and I have started with the second color.  I don't have a picture of the crochet bag yet, I will get twin pictures up here when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment