Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby hats

Well, because I am temporarily taking a break from making baby hats until I finish a project or two for myself, I thought I would go ahead and show you the three that I have made so far.



Nothing too fancy, but they are nice and cute and simple.  They have a fair amount of stretch to them so that they will fit a wide variety of babies and will hopefully last a couple of months.  I have not gotten my consistency down completely, but it is mostly in size that that is happening, and I know it is happening because I am just not paying very close attention.  I don't think it's a huge deal at this point that the tails on top or the height of the beanie are exactly the same from one hat to the next.  These are all made from different brands and types of yarn, but I haven't decided if I have a favorite yet or not.

What I love about this pattern is how I have been able to work on it during class.  I figure even if I don't work on it the rest of the week, if I work on them during my 3 hour class I can almost get a complete one done a week.  I don't finish the hat off or get it onto DPNs (double point needles) until after class since that takes a tiny bit of thought.  But once I have the body done during class it doesn't take long at all to finish the hat off.  So, I will probably keep working that way, it is going well so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment