Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter baby presents!

I decided that my niece needed some cute stuff for Easter a few weeks ago.  So rather than working on my thesis like I needed to, I made her a couple of hats and a new blanket!  Her mom is going to try to get her to wear the hats long enough for a picture in them, but currently she takes things off her head the second you put them on.  So, in the meantime, here is her summer sun hat and a cute blanket for her to play on.  The hat was too small for the mannequin head that I have, as it should be, given that it is for a little cute baby!




This blanket used some of the yarn called Bunny Tail.  Obviously I ran out of the yarn at the end - I was using a needle 1 size up from what the pattern called for, which is probably why I ran out.  In any case, I still like the blanket - it is super soft and cuddly for a super soft and cuddly niece!


I also made her a shell stitch hat with a flower on it, but I seem to have forgotten to get a picture of that before I took it down for her.  So, hopefully her momma can help us out and get her to stay put long enough for a picture.  Silly little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment