Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finishing up and starting anew!

So, I began knitting a bag the other night for felting.  To make the bottom it had me just knit garter stitch for 6 rows and then it told me to pick up stitches on the other three sides.  I wasn't completely sure how to do that - to get the yarn where I needed it was really difficult.  I ended up using 3 different sets of circular needles to hold stitches until I could figure out how to get it all onto the same needle.  I am quite sure that I looked a fool!  I have it going for now, we'll see how it turns out.  I think I will have more than enough yarn left over to make a second bag, and I think I will do that one with the crochet option.  I doubt that there will be a difference in the finished project, but it will be fun to do, anyway.  Plus, then I can give one away and I always like that.  This is the knit one after I finally got it on a single set of circulars and after the part where I was struggling to get it to shift properly around the needles.




I have owed this to my younger sister since Christmas - all of her stuff was Harry Potter themed (I think I mentioned that in an earlier post).  I wanted to make her something to wear, but I didn't want to do a full scarf.  So I made this that can be worn as I have it here, or it is long enough to go around her waist as a belt.  Hopefully she'll enjoy it, anyway!



This was a key-hole scarf I started about a couple of months ago and finished a couple of weeks ago.  I think it turned out really cute, though the colors don't show up here really well.  I admit, I preferred the blue and silver colors and how they stood out on the feather-like yarn.  Once it was knit up, it lost some of its prettiness, in my mind, but it is still cute.  My other complaint is that this yarn sheds and leaves bits of yarn all over whatever you are wearing with it.  Needless to say, since I already have a cat, I don't really need to be pulling anything extra off of my clothes.  Hopefully it will stop after a few wearings?  I hope so, anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment