Monday, April 8, 2013

Knitting up a storm...literally

Well,  my knitting frenzy continues.  I think the incoming storm to Colorado might be a result of negative pressure from all of the knitting I have been catching up on!

I have finished at least three projects this weekend - one of which I started before Christmas.  It is fabulous to not feel terribly guilty for enjoying some free time, it is awesome!  I have started another baby hat for charity and I am going to continue trying to finish up older projects.

I have had some people ask me how I "taught myself" how to both knit and crochet in a week.  I found a couple of sources of info that were extremely helpful.  www.knittinghelp.com was awesome and has really close-up and detailed videos for learning how to knit and how to do a variety of different types of knitting.  I decided to go with continental knitting - she offers video's for both.  It just seemed easier to me than English knitting for my hands.

For crochet and some nice crochet patterns I watched videos on youtube from bobwilson123.  The lady there is very detailed and specific and she has a cute Australian accent, too!  The cow hat and the baby newsboy cap are both her patterns.  I do not do them justice, but I think I get better with every project I do. I find what works for me and begin to apply those new skills.  You can find her on Facebook if you wanna keep up with the various patterns she creates and then shares for free.  Really awesome!

So far I have written one pattern, and I have put it up on Ravelry.  It is called Bedside Rug - it is pretty simple but it is quite nice and fluffy.  I have a couple of other ideas that I want to finish working in my head and then I am going to try them out before setting them up on Rav.  I can't tell you what they are yet, but when I get it all worked out I will let you know!

I am also thinking about getting an Etsy shop set up for myself.  At the moment I do not have enough items that I want to sell, but I have a couple of patterns that I think might make for good things to sell come next fall/winter.  So, perhaps by that time I will be able to start something out on there, as well.  It wouldn't ever become my sole job, but I really do enjoy making these things and I think it would be fun to try and sell some of what I make.  At least, at the moment it sounds fun and interesting.  Any thoughts on what might sell well over there, or that you might like to see in an Etsy shop?  I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment