Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wine bottle carriers (without pictures yet, sorry!)

Well, I am almost done with my last assignment, aside from grading for my students, and then I will be done!

What that means is more time for knitting and crocheting.  Perhaps, just perhaps, that means I will get my wish and be a faster knitter!

Speaking of fast knitting, at least for me, I now have 3.5 of the wine bottle carriers made for my friends.  I have still only felted the first one.  I figure I will just felt the rest of them at the same time hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I am super excited to get them finished!  I will do my best to get a picture of all of them together - each is a different color combo.  I am really excited both about the felting part of it but also that I am putting yarn to good use!  I really can't buy more yarn until I get through some of the massive amounts that I already have.  Plus I can't afford it, anyway.  So hooray for already having yarn to play with!

Now that I am about done with school my job search is kicking into high gear again.  I have found a new restaurant job, since my other restaurant closed, so at least I will be able to pay rent.  I am just worried about when student loans come due.  But enough about that!

I will try to get some pictures up soon.  With this pattern I learned how to cast on to give an item a flat bottom while still being able to knit the body of the item in the round.  It is a super simple pattern but really nice and quick, because it is knit in the round and so I just keep knitting until I have enough.  I love simple patterns for when I am watching TV.  I feel more productive than if I was just watching TV and I can still enjoy some of that junk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment