Monday, July 8, 2013

Slow time in my crafting...

It has been just about forever since I last posted!  I had my little sister's wedding soon after my last post, then I was ending and leaving a job.  Then I took a week stay-cation and today I started my new job!  I'm staying with family because my training is happening about an hour and 15 minutes away from my home, but only about 20 minutes away from where they live.  I am working 47+ hours a week.  So, for now, I am trying to figure out a temporary schedule and, very unfortunately, that doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of time for knitting or crocheting!  Once I get back home I hope that it will settle down and that I will have a more consistent schedule that I can keep to.  Don't get me wrong, I am having lots of fun hanging out with family, the past 7 years, but especially the past two, I haven't had much of a chance to just spend time with them on a regular basis. So this is kinda making up for lost time, it's good!

I have a couple of patterns that I am still working on, and there is a crochet hat that I would like to make.  I'm not sure that I have yarn for it with me, so it might have to wait until I get back to my place.  On the up side, now that I am talking about it, I am feeling in the mood to get some of my projects worked on.  The magic loop project is still going well, though it is somewhat slower than I would prefer.  I know that some of it is just the need for practicing the technique and just becoming comfortable with it, so I am not too upset about it.  Perhaps I will work on a project or two tonight!

I haven't done any crocheting in quite a while, perhaps I need to get back into that for a bit.  I seem to go in waves where I do all of one or the other types of projects - either all knitting or all crochet.  Not that that is a bad thing, I just want to make sure that I don't get so into one that I lose my skill in the other.  So, maybe to get working on my older sister's Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment